Skiing can be an enjoyable experience, or it can turn into a miserable slog if you’re freezing cold. Layering with thermal sets might help, but your neck will be exposed. Snow gear will help keep your body warm, but you’ll still need something for your neck. Neck warmers are the perfect solution for you.
Neck gaiters do more than just keep your neck warm. They keep your face warm, too. They can also keep you from getting sunburnt, which is something people may not think about on a winter day. If you’re spending a lot of time on the slopes, it’s important to be as comfortable as possible.
In this buying guide, we will tell you all about some great products so you can pick the best neck warmer for your skiing adventure. We will look at the pros and cons of each product, and which product will be best for each situation and budget. Let’s take a look at our top picks.
Table of Contents
1. Best Overall Option: Syhood Drawstring Neck Warmer
This is the best overall pick because it is made from high-quality materials, it is unisex and it is easily adjustable. It’s not easy finding this combo in a single product e.g. the SUNMECI Neck gaiter is designed to keep the wind out but the polyester and spandex won’t keep you as warm.
The Syhood Drawstring Neck Warmer has an elastic closure, which makes it easier for you to make adjustments while you’re skiing. If you don’t want to waste time messing around with your neck warmer, this is an excellent option for you.
The elastic closure gives you a snug and comfortable feel while also making the neck warmer more unisex because it can be adjusted to fit your face.
The neck warmer is made out of high-quality cotton and polar fleece materials, which make it soft and warm. The neck warmer is also very thick to give you maximum comfort.
The neck warmer is designed for any outdoor activities, not just skiing. You can use it for snowboarding, hiking, and camping. Whatever you are doing outdoors in the cold, this neck warmer will make your life a little easier. It is a generally handy winter accessory, so you definitely want one in your closet when the cold weather hits.
When you make this purchase, you receive a pack of 4 multicolored bandanas, giving you a wide range of colors to pick from. This way, you can match each bandana to a different outfit. This is a great purchase for anyone who likes adding a pop of color to their skiing gear.
- Quantity: 4
- Weight: 8.78 Ounces
- Material: Cotton and polar fleece
- Color: Black, pink, gray, and blue
- Size: 10.6 x 9.8 inches
- ASIN Number: B08MTJNC3H
- Wide enough to cover your whole face
- Lightweight, so you won’t feel like you’re lugging around extra weight
- Soft and warm
- Can be worn in a variety of ways
- Value for your money
- Adjustable elastic closure
- Stable enough to stay in place while you’re skiing
- Elastic may get looser over time, which will weaken the hold
- Since it is not full balaclava style, it may not provide a snug fit
2. Best Budget Option: SUNMECI Windproof Neck Gaiter
As one of the most versatile products on our list, you can wear the SUNMECI neck gaiter in various ways. You can use it to cover your face or your head. You can also use it as a face mask or even turn it into a fun pirate hat. It’s up to you to decide how to rock this gaiter once you hit the slopes.
The neck gaiter is made of soft material that has temperature regulation properties. In hot weather, it can create a wind tunnel of sorts to keep you cool underneath the mask. In cold weather it does the opposite by trapping warmth inside. As we know, weather is unpredictable, but with this neck gaiter, you’ll be covered either way.
SUNMECI’s neck gaiter is also windproof. This means that it won’t let cold air in while you fly through the snow. Unlike the Syhood Drawstring Neck Warmer, you can be confident the SUNMECI neck gaiter will keep the wind out. You need a neck warmer you can rely on while you’re skiing, and this is a great affordable option that will do the job.
The windproof neck gaiter is great for outdoor activities. You can choose whether to wear it beneath your helmet or on your neck. You can also wear it while cycling or snowboarding. SUNMECI made this neck warmer with action sports in mind. As a result, it performs best when used outdoors.
- Material: Cotton velvet
- Color: Black
- Size: 11.03 x 9.18 x 1.26 inches
- Weight: 3.84 ounces
- ASIN Number: B01LQ7MWCY
- Quantity: 1
- Unique handcrafted design
- Stretchy and comfortable
- Temperature regulation to keep you warm
- Four-needle six lines craft means that it is strong and durable
- Most affordable option on this list
- Versatile enough to be worn in different ways
- Can be used for various outdoor activities
- Advertised as fully cotton but contains polyester and spandex parts
- Snug fit might be too restrictive for some customers
3. Best Runner-Up Option: BEACE Winter Neck Warmer and Gaiter
BEACE is a well-known company that makes top-of-the-line neck warmers for adults, specializing in selling unisex products for outdoor activities. Their products are known for being soft, comfortable, and skin-friendly. This Winter Neck Warmer lives up to the reputation. The soft fleece feel is great on your skin and provides extra warmth for a long day on the slopes.
It is the runner-up option because it doesn’t have elastic. While it is made from similar materials like the Syhood Drawstring Neck Warmer, the lack of elastic makes it a little unsteady.
You can wear this product as a face mask, neck warmer, or hat. Weather conditions change rapidly when you’re skiing, and you need to be prepared for every situation. This neck warmer is a great way to prepare because you can cover the body part that needs the most warmth at any given moment.
You can adjust the neck gaiter to your preference. We all have different face shapes, so it is crucial to pick a neck warmer that is easily adjustable. This neck warmer has an adjustable rope that you can pull and adjust until you find the perfect fit. It also gives you the option of having a snug fit or a looser style.
This neck warmer is different from the other options presented here because it doesn’t have any cotton. Cotton is notorious for creating static electricity, which may be distracting while you’re skiing. The neck-warmer is anti-static because it is made from polyester and spandex, which still provides warmth but without the risk of creating static.
- Material: Polyester and spandex
- Color: Black and gray
- Size: 13.8 x 11.5 x 8.7 inches
- Quantity: 2
- ASIN Number: B08FBDN4DL
- V-neck design is better at keeping the wind at bay
- Adjustable drawstrings
- 4-way stretch design is accommodating
- Soft and skin-friendly material
- Highly durable
- Anti-static technology
- A verified purchaser stated it performs best in cold and even better beneath a helmet
- Some customers reported it still fell behind their ears no matter what they tried
- It doesn’t have elastic, so the fit is not as snug as it could be
4. Best Under $20: UHERE Thermal Neck Warmer
This balaclava-style neckwarmer is amongst the top choices among avid skiers. UHERE is a sporting goods company that makes some of the most popular ski gear on the market. This thermal neck warmer is one of the latest additions to their range, and it’s well worth the money.
The UHERE thermal neck warmer is the only one on our list that is double-layered with cationic materials for your utmost comfort. It also includes merino wool to increase heat production while remaining breathable. The neck warmer helps you preserve your body heat while encouraging additional heat production. This will be handy on the days the winter season is in full force.
Even though the balaclava shape is popular, this neck warmer has a unique design. You can tell just by looking at it that it’s going to fit perfectly because it can cover your face, neck, and ears. Once you put on the rest of your ski gear, you’ll be covered from head to toe.
This neck warmer is also multi-functional. Since UHERE specializes in outdoor sports gear, they make products that can be used in many different situations. The structural stability of the product is so sound that you can use the neck warmer for other outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, mountain climbing, and running.
- Materials: Cationic material and merino wool
- Colors: Variety of fun colors
- Size: 18 x 10 inches
- Quantity: 1
- ASIN Number: B0865LCK77
- One of the cheapest options on this list
- Cationic materials are softer on your skin
- Can be used as a neck warmer and a face mask
- One size fits all
- Beautiful seamless stitching
- Soft and Breathable
- Provides a snug and comfortable fit
- No adjustable strings, so it might be too small
- Vague material details mean customers might be unaware of risks of hay fever or other potential allergic reactions
5. Best Alternative Choice: Nike Running Therma Mask
Almost everyone is familiar with the Nike brand and its high standards of excellence. This mask was originally intended for running, but it works great for skiing and snowboarding as well.
This mask is the true essence of the balaclava shape and it covers the whole head. Your eyes and a part of your nose will be the only visible features. The full coverage traps heat to ensure you remain as warm as possible, no matter what outdoor activity you are doing.
The iron-gray mask is fitted with dri-fit technology. Just because there is cold weather, doesn’t mean you won’t work up a sweat. With dri-fit, sweat is wicked away from the skin to the outer layer of the mask where it can easily evaporate. With this mask on, the sweat will stay out of your eyes and the rest of your face so you can focus on having fun.
Dri-fit technology also means that the mask won’t get soaking wet and it will remain dry for your convenience. If you want a neck-warmer that goes above and beyond, this is the right option for you.
Skiing is a high-speed activity that can be more dangerous when the sun starts to go down. For this reason, the Therma Mask has reflective properties to ensure your safety in low-light conditions. The Nike swoosh and a vertical stripe in the back are both reflective, which helps warn other riders of your presence, and it makes you more visible in case of emergency.
You never know how your skiing experience is going to go, especially in the cold season, so it is important to be as prepared as possible.
- Materials: Polyester and spandex
- Color: Iron-gray
- Size: 8.10 x 4.75 x 1.35 inches
- Weight: 3.35 Ounces
- ASIN Number: B07VWXG5PM
- Dri-fit technology has moisture-wicking properties
- Balaclava shape provides full coverage
- Foldover design for optimal comfort
- A verified Amazon purchaser said it was warmer than they expected
- Made for outdoor activity
- Keeps you from breathing in cold air
- Flat shape makes it very comfortable under a ski helmet
- It is double-layered so it may make it difficult for you to breathe
- Some Amazon customers complained about the quality being lower than expected
Finding the perfect neck warmers for skiing can be a lengthy process. It takes time to find the right fit at the right price and in the right colors. We have helped you along the journey by finding the top 5 skiing neck warmers. You can use them for warmth while skiing, and you can also use them for other outdoor activities.
We hope this buying guide has been helpful. Our site has similar articles on skiing and related accessories that you may enjoy. Feel free to explore and see if there is anything else that catches your eye.